By: Blake Allen, Vanguard Staff Writer
This fall, students can expect to see 38 new professors and new staff all around campus.
They were introduced at President Eric Gilbertson’s welcome back address on Aug. 25.
There are 15 new faculty in the college of Arts & Behavioral Sciences, four in the College of Business & Management, three in the College of Education, nine in the Health and Human Services, six in the Engineering & Technology Departments.
Some of the new faculty and staff include:
· Craig Aimar, Assistant Vice President Director of Retention who worked as Associate Director of Admissions.
Aimar received his Bachelor’s degree in secondary education, Master’s degree in educational leadership and Specialist Degree of athletic directorship from SVSU.
· Bryan Crainer, who previously worked as Resident Director in the Office of Residential Life, is the coordinator of First Year Experience as well as an academic adviser.
· Emily Beard was recently hired as an assistant professor of English. She received her degree from Bowling Green State University, where she transferred from.
· Adam Clark, who has spent the last three years in Japan teaching English as a foreign language, now works at SVSU as an English as a Second Language (ESL) Specialist.
· Greg Morley, who was an adjunct for the College of Business and Management, is now an instructor.
· Andrew Rapin, who previous worked in the Study Abroad office, became the new coordinator of International Programs.
· Shaun Wilson, Director of Multicultural Student Services, transferred to SVSU from Central Michigan University where he was the Director of Student Retention.
· Katie Warren is now the Marketplace Director. She previously served as the Assistant Food Service Director from CMU.
· Tim Rousse, the assistant softball coach who led the softball team to a winning season last year, is the head softball coach.