Police briefs | Week of Aug. 29, 2016

Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

At 12:13 p.m. Thursday, April 14, University Police were called to the Marketplace at Doan for a grease fire. The cooks were able to put out the fire, which was started from a fryer, and the fire department was not called.

At 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 26, the bookstore called to report that a male subject had just attempted to steal a shirt. The alarm on the door was activated, and the subject dropped the shirt and ran.

At 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, June 28, a 20-year-old female student reported that someone had taken her bike while it was parked outside. A check of campus was made, and they didn’t find the bike.

At 12 p.m. Tuesday, June 14, a 23-year-old student listed a vehicle for sale on Craigslist. A respondent indicated that he would send a check for the car. When the student received the check, it was for more than he was asking. The buyer indicated to just give the extra to the person picking up the car. The student felt that this was illegal and contacted University Police. He was advised not to cash the check.

Destruction of Property
At 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 9, a 46-year-old faculty member reported that his vehicle was damaged while his car was parked in G-1 Lot.

At 12:05 a.m. Saturday, April 23, University Police were called to Living Center Southwest regarding the smell of marijuana. When they arrived, the tenants were uncooperative. Marijuana was found in several areas of the room. This was turned over to Student Code of Conduct for resolution.

At 2:24 a.m. Saturday, April 23, a 20-year-old female student called University Police saying that she ate a cookie that she believed was laced with marijuana and she did not feel good. She was sent to the hospital.

Minor in Possession
At 11:44 p.m. Thursday, April 21, University Police found two 20-year-old males that had been drinking. This case was turned over to Student Code of Conduct for resolution.

Family Trouble
At 7:34 p.m. Tuesday, July 19, a 14-year-old attending a volleyball camp disclosed that she had been abused at home. Officers made contact with the Department of Child Services office where the 14-year-old was from. She was turned over to their custody. A follow-up was conducted by the local police department.